Friday, January 15, 2010

Carter the Comedian

Here are some of the crazy things that Carter has said during the past week:

1) While eating dinner he just randomly started yelling, "Kerminate, kerminate, terminate that countdown." For those of you who don't know, the Clark family has a strange Christmas movie that they quote, and the most famous quote is "Terminate, terminate, terminate that countdown." Over the last Christmas visit to Layton I must have heard that phrase repeated at least 25 different times by various people in the greater Clark family. It obviously rubbed off on my son (as well as several other things that Nathan says frequently).

2) During scripture study a few nights ago I was telling the children about the story of Nephi and Lehi being put in a prison for preaching to the people. When I got to the part when they were surrounded by fire and all the prison guards were afraid to touch them, I asked the kids what they thought Nephi or Lehi would say to the people. Carter got all wide-eyed and stood up and started singing "Oh Come All Ye Faithful". We all had a good laugh.

3) Carter has an obsession with punching and poking bad guys. We have found an interesting way to try and harness that bad obsession, by aiming it at one real bad guy- Satan. Tonight at dinner, Carter said, "Next time Satan comes into our house I want to invite over all our friends and the people we know so we can all punch Satan in the face and kill him." If only that were possible!

No comments: