Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Summer is at an End :(

The kids really loved swimming this summer and I never hesitated to bring them there, knowing the benefits of it for all. It always helped the kids get their energy out and it is always good to be outside of the house and exercising. I also took advantage of the warm showers there and rarely had to bathe my kids throughout the whole summer. I just brought our shampoo and conditioner and we were all clean within minutes (much less hassle than bath time). The kids got really good at swimming and by the end of the summer Kaylie could swim across the pool under the water (coming up for breathes)...
Abigail learned to walk with her floatation device and loved the freedom it allotted. She was better at walking in the there than out of the pool!


Carter loved to dive under the water and touch the bottom and retrieve things.

Lily could swim the entire pool by herself with the help of her floatable-suit and Abigail didn't mind when I dunked her.


September always seems to be a busy month as we start a new routine and welcome the beautiful fall weather. This year has been no exception and although we are only half way through the month we seem to have done as much as we would during a normal entire month. The weather has turned a little chilly rather early this year, thus causing the early closing of the pool and end of a great swim season. I'd say that our swimming was successful and always afforded for some restful sleep. Now I will have to rely on bike/running time outside and lean more on Nate for getting the kids worn out while he works out in the garage.

This was a great summer and we had some very fun times together as a family. Now that it is at an end, we are looking forward to a new school year and the growth and progress that it will bring to our family.

No comments: